The facts as we know them…
- Russia launched a military invasion of Ukraine which is ongoing.
- At 0200 GMT 24/02/2022, a NOTAM was issued closing Ukraine airspace until further notice.
- The international community has placed a number of economic sanctions on Russia preventing nearly all import/export of goods
- A number of countries, including most of the EU, Canada, and the U.S., have closed their airspace to all Russian-owned and/or affiliated operators.
- The international community has placed a number of economic sanctions to be on Russia.
Our strategy for moving forward…
- Flight operations to KBP (Kyiv, Ukraine) and all Russian points (SVO, ZIA, and OVB) have been suspended until further notice.
- All freight currently in transit will be held in GYD in our secure facilities at no storage cost to our customers.
- Should freight currently being held in GYD need to be returned to origin, please contact us and we will coordinate the return with as minimal cost as possible.
- Once Ukrainian airspace reopens and there is a legal option to move freight into Russia, we will immediately begin moving freight to the destination and advise customers of new flight schedules.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this and hope to quickly return to peace. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call or contact our GFS team, and we will do our best to answer.
Get Future Updates
You can also join our mailing list to get the current updates on flight availability, pricing, and fuel costs. Simply click here and provide your contact information. You can unsubscribe at any time.